Re: [ProgSoc] Anyone else get an invite to StudentFace?

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 02:18:16PM +1100, James Kirsop wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 10:11:49AM +1100, Nathan de Vries wrote:
> > Howdy folks,
> >
> > I just got an unsolicited email to my @student.uts.edu.au address
> > stating that I've been invited to StudentFace (like Facebook, only
> > not).
> > Anyone else get this?

I didn't.

> > If the answer to these questions is no, my official
> > "finger of blame" will go towards James Kirsop. Being their
> > advertising wench makes you officially responsible for their SPAM.

> You find me a job and I'll stop doing promotion stuff. Currently I have
> $40 in my bank account and that's all I have, find me an income (until
> the end of semester when I have a job lined up)  and I'll
> stop doing promo work and making decent ammounts of money when I do.

http://www.mcdonalds.com.au/careers/home/home.asp

What, Macca's isn't good enough for you?

> All this seems to be is a personal attack against me. Perhaps I'm wrong,
> but from what I know we (as a society) should be constructive not
> derogatory towawrds other members.

I agree fully.

... Unless, of course, they're top-posters, cowboy ruby hackers,
people who tape over corporate logos on their hardware, spammers,
incompetent CSOs, first-year students, or Andi.

(Did I miss anyone?)

--
Rob Howard
Computer Systems Officer