Re: [ProgSoc] VMWare - what to use on the bottom?

On Tuesday 30 January 2007 11:51 pm, Geoff Croxson wrote:
 ] I use VMWare server on my laptop and use it offline quite often when working
 ] remotely to test images and functionality of environments, so I can see his
 ] desire to have it locally on the laptop. I use is on a Dell X300 with
 ] 1.2GBRAM (Win XP)
 ]
 ] As a must have, it is only up to Vic to make that decision,

 Absolument!

 I was merely encouraging Vik to consider whether his needs warranted
 a local installation, or if a network installation would be both
 faster and more functional.  If it's just for work activities, then
 [in theory] you only need it while attached to the work network.

 FWIW I run VM Wks on my Debian laptop -- I'd be a bit stuck
 without it, but that's because I can't assume to use any of my
 [current] employer's IT resources.  I gather Vik is in a slightly
 less restrictive situation.

 Jedd.