[ProgSoc] Emulating Live Network Conditions?

Howdy folks,

Does anyone know of software (doesn't matter if it's userspace or
kernel-level) which will allow me to tweak a server on my local network
to behave like it's being accessed in a multi-hop, high latency
environment?

I've found trickle which will do bandwidth shaping, and NistNet...are
there any others? Is it worth setting up a BSD box with Dummynet on it
and routing traffic through to the Linux box I want to target?

Cheers,

--
Nathan de Vries

PS: Apologies if you already got this email...the user-data migration
wasn't done properly yesterday and some mail was lost.