Re: [ProgSoc] Re: TPG sucks dogs' balls

John Elliot wrote:
What I'm fishing for is intel RE: what's going on with ISPs in Sydney, because mine sucks Big Time.
...and now that my internet connection is functioning again
(temporarily, I suppose), here's a little contemporaneous and
serendipitous material:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/isplevel-filters-unworkable/2007/08/10/1186530595566.html

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070809-pearl-jam-censored-by-att-calls-for-a-neutral-net.html

...and how is it that I didn't hear of this [1] until it landed in my inbox this morning?
Any takers on what it is that we're actually building with this here
internet thing? I mean, some days I really do just have to stop and
wonder exactly what it is we're doing...
Are we building the vehicle for our euphoric transcendence into the
highly educated well informed relatively independent self actualised
intelligent equal beings of the emergent transhuman singular
consciousness that will see our future awash with joy and plenty for all?
Or... are we being manipulated by greedy self serving and fundamentally
ignorant and unenlightened interests into building the most sadistic
brutal manipulative soul crushing oppressive pervasive brain washing and
surveillance system since televisions and mobile phones? I mean...
really? What's going on? I'm hanging out for The Singularity, and my
Internet connection is dropping out... what's up with that?
[1] http://zeitgeistmovie.com/