Re: [ProgSoc] Drying up, hands or money

Am I the only one here who appreciates the beauty of a good ad?
Hell, I found myself a job in the retail trade publication industry, just so I can spend my days writing about different ad campaigns :-)
Advertisements in toilets have been around for years (I still find it
amusing that the name of the company selling space in Hoyts cubicles is
?con-ads?), however, I am curious about the number of ads in men?s toilets.
Advertisements in women?s toilets are likely to be actively viewed due to
the sad-but-true cliché of the endless queue of weak-bladdered women. While
there are only so many times you can read the same domestic violence ad,
it?s still preferable to counting tiles.
I?d always assumed advertisements in men?s toilets would be less effective,
if only because men spend less time exposed to them. On the other hand,
there have been some interesting innovations such as interactive urinal
communicators that play ads when ?activated? (http://www.wizmark.com/).
Are advertisements in men?s toilets (both cubicle and washroom) as prevalent
as in women?s? The average public women?s toilet (based on my own
experience) has two full sized ads, plus one A4 sized ad per cubicle. What
are the men?s like?
In regards to measuring the effectiveness of an advertising campaign,
immediate increase in sales isn?t really that important ? ?Brand awareness?
is the latest fad.
Mother energy drink keeps inundating me with media releases about the
high-recognition of their brand. They achieved 84 per cent awareness within
four months of launching. One out of four of their target market has sampled
the drink. Sales? Shit ? much like the taste. But that hasn?t stopped CCA
throwing another $1.5m at them, because Mother has high brand recognition,
and that?s *got* to mean something, right? ;-)

Hailey.

Advertisement: Search for local singles online at Lavalife http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D29892&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search&_m=EXT