Re: [ProgSoc] Drying up, hands or money

* John Elliot <jj5@xxxxxxx> [2007-08-17 21:55]:
> Matthew Beauregard wrote:
> >* John Elliot <jj5@xxxxxxx> [2007-08-17 20:41]:
> >>This is the "strange loop" problem.
> >
> >No, it's the "let's drag Hofstadter into everything" problem.
>
> I don't think it's reasonable for you to try and write it off like that,
> by the way.

Maybe writing it off is a shorthand for a thing I recall Hofstadter
saying, which is that in the face of paradox, unresolvable stuff, or
other nonterminating weirdness the brain exhibits the essential
survival characteristic of jumping to a level at which the problem
doesn't occur.  I'm showing you where that level is, though you're
free to explore the interplay between "value" and "money" on other
levels if you like.

--
Matthew Beauregard
Casual Academic