RE: [ProgSoc] Drying up, hands or money

> > Wow. Does this situation apply to many customers? How much
> > do you have to spend (or not spend) or what do you have to
> > do to be on a two year contract but not be worth it for the
> > phone company?
>
> Call customer support too many times apparently.
> Funny thing is: most of these calls were about billing
> enquiries....
> http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/ouch/sprint-dumps-needy-customers-275374.php

I had a look at the TIO website, and by the sounds of the call termination
rates, other mobile operators could actually make money from caps like 3's
as follows:

1. Get a $149 cap ($1400 of cap services).
2. Make a single 33 hour phone-call to a mobile on your network (i.e., not
3-to-3) each month.
3. Pay 3 the $149/month, but receive approximately $475/month in call
termination fees.

From the information on the TIO website, you're a carrier's nightmare if you
never receive phone-calls, only call other networks, and are on a cap-plan.

(And calling customer support a lot probably doesn't help either)

-Ben