Re: [ProgSoc] Drying up, hands or money

 Ah, right.

 A bit like back in the early 90's when Optus first popped up and
 offered a prefix-based carrier selection method, one of the guys
 I was working with a the time (Terry, btw) had this great plan that
 if he could convince enough people to make one call via that prefix
 per billing cycle, the 48c it cost Optus to open an account for you
 and then prepare & send out a paper bill .. was larger than the
 revenue they'd generate, ultimately sending them packing.  There
 were a handful of fundamental flaws in this plan, but I suspect he
 wasn't being entirely serious.

 Anyhoo, the call termination costs probably have a sliding scale,
 but they may, as you suggest, be linear.  Do all caps include freedom
 to call any network, or do they have components of us versus them
 calls?

 To clarify - there's no requirement that it be a single 33-hour call,
 is there?  The same effect (possibly improved, if call establishment
 costs are charged slightly higher) could be had with 33 x 1 hour calls
 and so on, yes?

 We'll have to defer to Matthew as to whether this is likely to pop
 up on an exception report somewhere.

 Jedd.