Re: [ProgSoc] ProgSoc software development project

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 03:39 +1000, Chris Laughton wrote:

> I don't doubt that having Programming projects are good, however
> setting out selves up to be ridiculed when it all falls over in a heap
> when there isn't the resources available isn't what's best for
> Progsoc.

Fear, particularly fear of being ridiculed for failure, will kill any
project. John's particular idea may crash and burn, or it may take off.
If your attitude catches on, that attitude will, in itself, kill
whatever good may otherwise have come of John's enthusiasm and energy.

(This is not a personal attack, merely a prescription against corrosive
pessimism.)

- Raz