Re: [ProgSoc] ProgSoc software development project

Nathan de Vries wrote:
On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 10:10 +1000, John Elliot wrote:
Maybe a smart way to approach this would be to think about what would be required to make this [1] a reality.
[1] # apt-get install progsoc-dance-class-management-system
Wow John, it's as good as solved.
Everyone's a critic. :)

It's becoming more concrete and tangible, and that's called progress.

I think it's smart to think in terms of creating LoB 'packages', that way you don't get stuck in a rut doing "one off" things and you can scale.
If you're creating 'packages', then understanding a package management
system seems smart. :P
...and once you've figured out how to create one type of LoB package and
have the infrastructure in place to support it, then creating new LoB
packages isn't as challenging.
I reckon we should work with Matthew and do the dance management system.
In many ways he's the ideal customer for the first system.