Re: [ProgSoc] Have you registered to vote yet?

On 10/8/07, Roland Turner <raz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  Just as an aside, this does kind of exist when people make a concious
> > decision not to pursue their minimum contribution.  Example: I don't
> I believe that your choice is unusual.

 Sure it's unusual.  I'm not sure what your observation is supposed to
prove, but it was my comment that some people do contribute more than
they are legally required to.  There had been some skepticism
exhibited in the comment I replied to.

> > claim any tax deductions, because (1) I use or would like to maintain
> > an option on the use of a lot of public services and
> This is delusional; you have this option whether you minimise your tax
> obligation or not.

 "Delusional"?  I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here.

 Yes, I am aware that I would still be able to use those services if I
minimised my contributions, but that does not mean that my
appreciation for the services rendered is not the reason I pay over my
legally required minimum.  Call it a gratuity.

--
Captain: Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Kids: Richard Nixon!