Re: [ProgSoc] Have you registered to vote yet?

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Andrew Halliday wrote:
> Not a bad idea =)
> If the worlds human population became vegetarian and we stopped the
> industrial farming and transport of livestock we would not have a
> greenhouse gas (and therefore climate change) problem.

 That's a particularly big call.

 Most of our fruit and veg are transported huge distances, and I
 don't see that necessarily changing if we were to eat more of
 them.  Locally grown food, regardless of meatiness of it, would
 be a preferable approach.  Industrial farming and transport of
 vegetable & fruit products is definitely harmful.

 Trying to set up a food production system in the absence of
 animals is a pretty tricky proposition anyway.

 What ever happened to your eco/agri thing anyway?

 I think I've asked this before.

 Jedd.