Re: [ProgSoc] Have you registered to vote yet?

Roland Turner wrote:

> I don't believe that taxation is bad in any absolute sense, but that it
> needs to be kept to an absolute minimum. In particular, it should not be
> used for welfare.

On this topic, there was an interesting exchange between Denny Crane and
Alan Shore on this week's rerun of Boston Legal.

For context, Denny Crane holds the extreme view that poor people are
lazy bums, a strain in the economy, and don't deserve our sympathy.
Meanwhile, Alan is defending a poor client. If I remember correctly:

Denny: Alan, what's your recent interest in poor people? It's sickening.

Alan: Denny, might I suggest you look at the bigger picture. If people
don't have money, they might want to steal yours.

--
Ryan Heise
http://www.ryanheise.com/typing-test/