Re: [ProgSoc] Evil is good

On 11/15/07, John Elliot <jj5@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I didn't watch the video but I agree with this statement:

> Hint: greed isn't good.

I think the people who started the "greed is good" thing thought greed
is synonymous with selfishness or self-interest. They probably liked
the controversial and soundbyte qualities of the statement and
foolishly overlooked the definition of the word.

My understanding of the word is that greed means acquiring something
for the purpose of depriving others from it. That can never be a good
thing.