Re: [ProgSoc] GPL & CDDL

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 16:01 +1100, John Elliot wrote:
> You do realise that I haven't stood in opposition to what it is that
> you mean by that, don't you?

No, I didn't realise that. It's not really clear whether your argument
covers pure use of semantics, or whether you've got a problem with using
a system like Wikipedia for competitive advantage.

What's difficult to understand is why you're taking a stance against the
MIT Centre for Collective Intelligence. While their goal most certainly
is to "take advantage" of the *possibilities* created by collective
intelligence systems, their primary goal is to define those
possibilities and to extend them to further advance the CIS themselves.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,

--
Nathan de Vries