[ProgSoc] raid 5 vs 10

I have 4 disks. I want to put them in a RAID array. Should I use RAID
5 or 10? As I understand it, 10 is slightly better performace wise,
and can handle 2 disks failing, while 5 will give me more disk space,
but can only handle one drive failing.

Disk space is not an issue (i.e. I'm perfectly happy with the space
RAID 10 provides)

How does recovery go for either level? Are there any horror stories I
should know about?

While on that topic, what do people reckon about hardware vs software
(in this case windows 2k3) raid?

Cheers,

vik