Re: [ProgSoc] Time for a letter to your local rep?

John Elliot wrote:
In the face of bullshit, reason is futile. There's no point arguing for other methods of "child protection", because protecting children isn't the actual goal.
What I don't quite understand is why "they" do it.

They say [1] "never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."
But, I don't buy that. If you look at how clever the bureaucrats were
during the world wars, it's not possible to believe they are
incompetent. Then again... apparently the grunts said FUBAR a lot.
I find it difficult to believe that it's stupidity, but I also find it
difficult to believe that it's malice. Maybe it is simply true that
power corrupts -- I don't know, but I suspect that most of the policy
makers feel they are trying to "do the right thing".
Makes you wonder what's going on. I suspect "things" are more
complicated than we know. Either that, or the inmates really are running
the asylum.
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor