[ProgSoc] Reflective plea by a new ProgSoc member directed squarely towards the Thursday night regulars

Nicholas FitzRoy-Dale wzdd at progsoc.org
Fri Dec 12 15:04:55 EST 2008

On 12/12/2008, at 2:50 PM, Tom Bozic wrote:
> I wonder - did any of you even notice that I was in the room that
> day? I
> even gave a simple "hi" to everyone as they entered the room, but no-
> one
> bothered to at least say "hi" back.

Yeah, those people are weirdoes. :)

> There was one commendable exception, however. John Elliot (if I'm not
> mistaken - he's the one that's usually there first, isn't he? Not this
> week, though...) was nice enough on my first visit to greet me and
> to have
> a little chat with me in order to learn a little bit about me and vice
> versa....and he even remembered me the second time round, two months
> later. A true gentleman, he is! It's not good enough, however. Why
> couldn't the rest of you make the same (or similar) effort as he did?

John certainly is a gentleman! He truly is a man of singular style and
grace. When he shakes my hand, it stays shaken. He is also very witty
and charming.

I don't think it's appropriate for you to single out a small group of
regulars for not making you feel welcome enough though.

Perhaps you could introduce yourself and tell us a little about your
interests, instead?

Nicholas