[ProgSoc] Question for Apache Wizards

Rob Howard rhoward at progsoc.org
Wed Mar 26 15:53:59 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 01:23:36AM +1100, Bryn Davies wrote:
>  I am beginning to wonder if this is not a side-effect of the fact we're
> running Apache 0.8.1b!!  Is this standard for the version of slackware
> that we're running? I thought this might be the case, but a google for
> "Apache/0.8.1 beta (Slackware)" only shows links to progsoc.

My fault. *Waves*

It wasn't an attempt at securing anything (even via
security-by-obscurity), honest, it was just me futzing around when we
were initially setting up apache. I was originally going to put "SNES"
in there for crying out loud.

(As pointed out earlier, there are other ways of getting the version
string if you really need it. If you do want it reverted, though, let me
or the admin list know and I'll switch it back.)

- Rob