[ProgSoc] migrating a win2k3 server from software RAID to hardware RAID

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Fri May 2 18:09:41 EST 2008

As the title suggests, I need to do just that. It's currently running
RAID 1 (mirroring) via windows on two disks. I want to move it to RAID
1+0 on four disks using the inbuilt hardware RAID. I have thought of a
number of ways to do this, and they all seem fraught with danger. I
have at my disposal Symantec Ghost, Windows Backup, and a number of
external drives. The system is currently partitioned into a system
drive and a data drive, both residing on the mirrored volume.

Your thoughts?

vik