[ProgSoc] Scrap VSU info from UTS Union

Michael Lamont michael.montey.lamont at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 23:07:51 EST 2009

Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I joined the voluntary program
and am still a member as an alumni, still paying of course.

Membership costs $89

If I Join the advantage program membership in the fencing club costs
me $10 as opposed to $150. Plus I get a discount on beer which over
the course of my years drinking would save me well over the $89 at
union bars....but then I still know a lot of staff and students at UTS
and am part of a uni sports club and always have been heavilty
involved in clubs when I was on campus even as a part time student.

This year I also got a subscription to the Herald worth $30 bucks
which I buy most days anyway saving me more than the purchase price of
the union membership anyway, since I was buying the paper retail
previously.

The benefits for me far out weigh the costs.....

2009/3/3 jedd <jedd at progsoc.org>:
> On Tue Mar 3 2009, Andrew Halliday wrote:
>> True. That said, I had 4 years of Uni life before VSU. I'm now in my
>> 3rd year after VSU.The decline in campus life is fairly obvious. I
>> think the benefits outweigh the costs.
>
>  Two questions are begged.
>
>  Were you full-time on campus in both cases?  I guess the same
>  point from a different angle would be whether anything else had
>  changed between those two sets of experiences.
>
>  Because you think the benefits outweigh the costs, you voluntarily
>  your student memberships fees.  Actually that's a statement, isn't
>  it.  So, did you?
>
>  J.

Michael "Montey" Lamont
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis
exponebantur ad necem