[ProgSoc] VSU (Was: What should the exec do? (Was: Scrap VSU info from UTS Union))

Andrew Halliday andrew.halliday at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 22:57:46 EST 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Roland Turner <raz at raz.cx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 21:18 +1100, Nicholas FitzRoy-Dale wrote:
> <stuff>
> > but one way that I think is reasonably
> > acceptable is to ask if a large majority think that is the case. I
> > don't know if a large majority of students are in favour of MSU.
>
> I do; the number who are joining voluntarily is minute. This is called
> "voting with your wallet".

No it isn't because there's no competition.

I think that with MSU you'll get a similar number of people complaining
about what they have to pay for as those who pay for it under VSU. A minute
amount.

Call it a grudging acceptance that what you pay for is for the most part
worthwhile. People might not want to pay for it if they have the freedom,
but deep down when they have to they don't actually hate it so much because
things are better for them as a result of service (and QoS) provision.

Andi.