[ProgSoc] ProgSoc Logo

Tomislav Bozic tomchristmas at progsoc.org
Tue Sep 1 13:40:52 EST 2009

>>> Having the right to demand answers != having the right to answers. ;)
>>>

>> Ah, but I believe in this instance, the rvalue does equate to the
>> lvalue.
>>

> Disproved by the current situation. How do you intend to hold such a
> belief in the face of a contradiction?

Care to elucidate for me these "disproofs" and "contradictions"?

>> Correct me if I am wrong - and I probably am - but is the Computer
>> Systems
>> Officer not the elected leader of the admin group? Therefore, shouldn't
>> he
>> be entitled - by constitutional right - to know its secrets?
>>

> Care to point out where in the constitution it mentions such rights? Or
> do you just wish to invoke it to try and justify your untenable position?

...it's just...the vibe of the thing. In summing up, it's Mabo, it's
justice, it's the vibe! I rest my case.

I think the phrase "co-ordinate administration" in S 5.5.5. grants me the
*right* to determine how the Society's equipment should be administered
and if, in the course of my duties, I need to know something that is not
commonly known in order to carry out these duties properly and
effectively, then I should be able to obtain - without hesitation from
parties concerned - such knowledge. To date, I have yet to exercise that
right :P

> The CSO should have the highest administrative power and the most
> responsibility, this not equate to greater knowledge or knowing all the
> "secrets".

I'm not saying that I should know everything. I don't think I'm capable of
knowing everything. I'm saying that if I need to know something and that I
make a reasonable request for information, that it be granted. I'm all for
knowing things on a "need-to-know" basis. I just don't want my
"need-to-know" to be impeded in any way.

***

Anyways, there's another thing I want elucidated - the meaning of our
logo. Could any of our founding fathers that lurk here care to explain?

Tom