[ProgSoc] Software on Room Machines (loki, rani, kali)

Noah O'Donoghue noah.odonoghue at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 22:39:02 EST 2010

Hi all,

These holidays I'm hoping to build a new image up for the room machines,
with OS X Snow Leopard and Ubuntu Lucid Lynx.

I'm making a list of software people think I should be standard on these
machines.. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

On the list so far are:

-          Htop

-          Tentacles

-          Xcode + Iphone Dev kit (on OS X)

-          Fail2ban

-          Flash, java, restricted codecs.

Anyone have any favorite browsers, development environments, desktop
environments etc they want me to add, let me know.

-Noah