[ProgSoc] TFM cover art

Tomislav Bozic tomchristmas at progsoc.org
Fri Jan 15 15:22:15 EST 2010

This morning, I knocked up two ideas for the cover of the new TFM, both
variations on a theme.

I was in the ProgSoc room trying to think of an idea for a cover. And then
I looked up at the whiteboard. The cover was staring right at me. So, I
got my camera, took a photo and, after a bit of manipulation in the Gimp,
I came up with these two covers:

[1] has a handwritten look to it, emulating the whiteboard scrawl. This
was achieved by photographing a piece of paper with the title and subtitle
on it, then painstakingly deleting all of the undesirable pixels and
slapping the titles onto the cover.

[2] is just a straightforward, typed look, imitating the "progsoc" sign
stuck to the whiteboard.

Note the barely visible logo (as rendered by James Ducker - [3]) on the
whiteboard.

If you can come up with a better design than mine - and I know you can,
since I'm no artist - then create a cover (A4 sized, greyscale, nothing
offensive, must at least have the words "TFM" and the year 2010 written
somewhere) and post a link on this list. Then we'll vote on it.

Tom

P.S. Clubs O-Day is on the 24th of February.

[1]
http://www.progsoc.org/~tomchristmas/photos/tfm2010-cover-mockup-handwritten.jpg

[2]
http://www.progsoc.org/~tomchristmas/photos/tfm2010-cover-mockup-typed.jpg