[ProgSoc] Sushi roulette in Wagaya 27th May

Tomislav Bozic tomchristmas at progsoc.org
Sat May 29 22:33:31 EST 2010

> Thanks to all who have come to Wagaya on 27th May, we had a fun dinner
> night with the wasabi roulette, chilli vodka (which Thomas had to hide
> because Wagaya only allows BYO 'wine'), assorted Japanese food and
> alcohol.

Vodka is "potato wine", isn't it? ;) Although we didn't pay corkage -
naughty!

If only someone kept a receipt, then we'd have another GrogSoc entry. The
amount we drank that night would certainly be worth an entry. Let's just
say the boys and girls were clearly separated from the men that night ;)

> Special thanks go to Wagaya for making us the "reversed roulette", which
> only one sushi is safe,

...and, much to his chagrin, Thomas got a "safe" one every time.

> and also to Anand - former ProgSoc CSO from 2002(?)

...*and* 1997 - the ONLY CSO/SCA in ProgSoc history to have served in that
capacity twice. Awesome to have finally met you in person. Now, all we
need is for Jedd to come next month and the "visiting ex-pat triangle"
would be complete!

> - for joining us that night. Everyone who took the roulette challenge

(i.e. not Mademoiselle President, not exactly known for being culinarily
adventurous)

> had at least one wasabi sushi at the end.

Grated horseradish in substantial doses is quite refreshing...

> The upcoming ProgSoc event will be a talk hosted by Tom Bozic on 10th
> June. He will be presenting a topic about programmable logic devices and
> microcontrollers, and how these devices can create miracles.

...and now that you've set a date, I can't *possibly* back out!

Tom