[ProgSoc] ProgSoc Christmas Party

marauder marauder at marauder.net.au
Thu Nov 11 22:22:59 EST 2010

On 11/11/2010, at 9:52 PM, tinang at progsoc.org wrote:

> - Your date preference: Friday (17th Dec) or Saturday (18th Dec)
> - If you are interested in having alcohol during the LAN party
> - If you prefer to play games in an internet cafe or on your own laptop

To whom it may concern,

My preference is for the Friday.  I have no personal interest in having alcohol at the LAN party, but a roomful of liquored-up nerds might be amusing, so anyone with the potential to do something funny or reckless should be plied with my share of the alcohol.  The last video-game I played was backgammon on a PDP-11.  If one of the junior members could port it from RSTS I believe that it would run equally well in a cafe or on a lap-top.

Yours faithfully,
Matthew Beauregard
PRESIDENT EMERITUS AND LIFE MEMBER,
UTS PROGRAMMERS' SOCIETY