[ProgSoc] Corporate sponsorship

Justin Steward althalus87 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 10:06:24 EST 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 8:02 AM, John Elliot <jj5 at jj5.net> wrote:
> p.s. If a sponsorship deal were to go ahead, ProgSoc could (and should) make
> membership free, and give away copies of TFM for free.

Membership fees are chump change (skip lunch for a day or two, and
there's your membership moneys), a requirement of the union (I
beleieve?), and provide some source of funding for the club should any
sponsorship deal turn sour in the future (Just because the agreement
SAYS they won't tell us what to do, they can still threaten to
withdraw funding if we don't comply - They're bigger, they can get
away with it).

Just my 2 cents.

~Justin