[ProgSoc] Black box question

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Thu Feb 3 12:45:20 EST 2011

On Wednesday 02 February 2011 22:11:08 you wrote:
> Might still be worth a check, since the only other thing that comes to
> mind is if someone accidentally unplugged the server's network
> cable... The only indication I had of a corrupt file system last time
> it happened was that nothing could write to their log files even
> though everything appeared to be mounted correctly.

 You might be onto something - though my gut feel is that the
 reboot would have identified this, as the fsck on boot would
 have stalled.  I'll get my sister to do a 'mount' and see if any
 volumes are RO.

 The network cable is okay, as ping works fine.  I did think
 that changing the cable might be a cautious move, and I've
 got a stash of spare cat5's near the server.

 j.