[ProgSoc] Black box question

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Sat Feb 5 04:19:11 EST 2011

On Wednesday 02 February 2011 22:11:08 you wrote:
>The only indication I had of a corrupt file system last time
> it happened was that nothing could write to their log files even
> though everything appeared to be mounted correctly.

 Fo' shizzle.

 mount reveals that / is mounted read only currently, despite
 the recent reboot.

 I'll try a remount to rw, though I'm not too hopeful about
 that.  Annoyingly that box has no optical drive - and while it
 should be capable of booting from USB stick, I've always
 found that a bit messy, not least the BIOS fiddling that is
 often required.

 WTF can't you fsck a ro-mounted fs anyway?

 j.