[ProgSoc] Announcing ProgClub

John Elliot jj5 at jj5.net
Mon Jul 25 22:53:19 EST 2011

On 25/07/2011 10:22 PM, John Elliot wrote:
> On 25/07/2011 10:20 PM, Pat Morgan wrote:
>> Please drown yourself in the nearest stream and cease your inarticulate,
>> humourless stabs at our President who puts a lot of effort into this
>> Society.
>
> Of course it won't be everyone's cup of tea...

I didn't really want to grace this slight with a response, but perhaps
it bears responding to.

No one has been more supportive of Bozic than I have. I stood up for him
when others were throwing stones, I opened the door to a few employment
opportunities for him, I bought him a computer, and I've been his friend.

This is *not* an attack on Bozic, nor is it an attack on ProgSoc.
ProgSoc admin have been a little slow in responding to some of my
administration requests, and it's easier for me to get things done if I
have administrative access to the systems that I use. I like the idea of
running a club, I want to contribute to a club, and it suites me to
start one. An unfortunate and relatively trivial disagreement about
ProgSoc's policies triggered my actions, but I'm happy with them regardless.

Adding a club to the world doesn't take anything from anyone, it simply
makes the world a more colourful place. I have no doubt some of you will
be happy to see me off in my own corner anyway. :P

So it's done now, and there's no reason for us all to be anything but happy.

Love,
John.