[ProgSoc] Getting ipsec-tools to work between Ubuntu Lucid hosts

John Elliot jj5 at jj5.net
Fri Jul 29 23:01:40 EST 2011

On 29/07/2011 12:21 PM, James Andrewartha wrote:
> Well, it looks like your firewall is dropping the SSH packet that's
> being sent out (SPT=22).

I know! The thing is:

  # iptables -F
  # iptables -L -v

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 349 packets, 39439 bytes)
  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 278 packets, 51268 bytes)
  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination

Chain fail2ban-ssh (0 references)
  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination

Still doesn't work...

And my firewall seems to be dropping the packet even when I have the
following rules specified:

# Accept anything out
-A OUTPUT -j ACCEPT
# Accept anything in on port 22