[ProgSoc] Nomination: Kerry-Ann Chapman for First Year Representative

Tomislav Bozic tomchristmas at progsoc.org
Tue Mar 8 02:20:02 EST 2011

To date, I have only spoken to her in person twice, yet I knew from our
very first encounter (membership sign-up on O-Day two weeks ago) that this
young woman would be the ideal candidate for first year representative
("there goes our new first-year rep", I said to myself). Our second
(extended) encounter (regular club meeting last Thursday) vindicated my
belief. It was plain to see that Kerry-Ann is bubbly, outgoing, has
demonstrated an interest in our club and is likely to promote the club and
our activities (in fact, she was already doing this, asking the rest of
her new classmates if they would be coming to ProgSoc, before she even
paid her first visit to our club-room)...and is a first-year studying IT.
In summary: the ideal conduit between the current membership and the
first-years who will, in time take over the club when we've all moved on
(most of us, anyhow).

So, without further ado, I hereby move to nominate Kerry-Ann Chapman to
the Executive Committee position of First Year Representative.

Tom