[ProgSoc] Hardware Donation

James Kirsop jimmyk at niflheim.progsoc.uts.edu.au
Wed Oct 3 18:22:19 EST 2012

Hi All,
My place of employment is in the process of getting rid of the following hardware:
+ IBM eServer BladeCenter Chassis w/7x HS22 Blades (2x 36.4GB SCSI drives, 4GB RAM in each) and a variety of network interfaces (copper, fibre etc)
+ IBM Server with 5x 146GB SCSI drives, it's 64bit and not too bad, I think it only has 2GB RAM in it though.
+ 2x HP Servers - One with 5 (I think) 76GB SCSI drives, the 2nd having 2x drives - both of these are 32bit machines

All are rackmountable. If you want (any) of them, I could potentially bring them in on a Thursday night, providing I can have someone help unload them out of my car, as they're quite heavy. However, it would be much better if someone with a larger car than mine would come to Castle Hill if you wanted either of the 2x IBM servers, as they're bulky.

We'll also be getting rid of some other hardware in the future, but at the moment this is what we've just pulled out from a clients data centre.

Regards,
James