[ProgSoc] ProgSoc Reloaded

John Elliot V jj5 at jj5.net
Sun Aug 6 11:48:28 AEST 2017

On 06/08/17 11:37, Tomislav Bozic wrote:
> Change the Constitution to remove the "non-profit" requirement, perhaps?

IANAL, but per my reading "non-profit" is not a "requirement".

A requirement would say "all software we develop can only be used for
non-profit purposes". But the constitution doesn't say that, it says:

"To develop useful, new and non-commercial computer programs to be
exported to other installations for non-profit purposes."

I'm sure ProgSoc is still free to develop "useless" software, for instance.

But the whole thing is rather idiotic. Where is Raz when you need him?

E: jj5 at jj5.net
P: +61 4 3505 7839
W: https://www.jj5.net/