[PROGSOC-ANNOUNCE] Revised notice of AGM and call for nominations

Notice of AGM
=============

What:        ProgSoc Annual General Meeting for 1998

When:        4:00pm - 5:00pm, Thursday March 19, 1998

Where:       Theatre Lounge, Union Centre, Level 3, Broadway Campus

Who:         ProgSoc members who have completed their 1998 membership
             renewal, paid their 1998 subscription and received a
receipt
             no later than 5:00pm Wednesday March 18, 1998.

Agenda:      - Confirmation of minutes of previous AGM
                 at

http://www.progsoc.uts.edu.au/about/minutes/AGM-19970320.html
                 and

http://www.progsoc.uts.edu.au/about/minutes/AGM-19970411.html

             - President's report

             - Treasurer's report

             - Election of office-bearers for 1998 (*)

* Nominations  close 4:00pm March 12, 1998.

MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS WILL __NOT__ BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO THE AGM.

Call for nominations
====================

To avoid a repeat of last year's fiasco (where an attempt was made by a
group of members to replace the Executive Committee, without ever having
made the membership at large aware of their intentions), nominations
will not be taken at the meeting unless:

- For any given position, __NO__ advance nominations were received.

OR

- For any given position, __ALL__ advance nominees have failed to renew
their membership(s) by 5:00pm Wednesday March 18, 1998.

ADVANCE NOMINATIONS MUST REACH THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BY 4:00pm MARCH
12, 1998.

The Executive Committee may, at its discretion, allow invalid,
incomplete or un-seconded nominations to be completed as late as 4:00pm
March 13, 1998.

The election of office-bearers will be for the following five positions,
elected in this order:

- President

- Vice President

- Secretary

- Treasurer

- Computer Systems Officer

If you wish to nominate someone to be a candidate for one or more of
these positions, please send an email to psexec@nospam.progsoc.uts.edu.au as
follows:

> I (my full name) nominate (full name of nominee) for the position of
> (position)

A seconder (NOT THE SAME PERSON AS THE NOMINATOR) will need to send an
email to psexec@nospam.progsoc.uts.edu.au as follows:

> I (my full name) second the nomination of (full name of nominee) for
> the position of (position)

If the person nominated was not either of the nominator or seconder,
(s)he will need to send an email to psexec@nospam.progsoc.uts.edu.au as
follows:

> I (my full name) accept nomination for the position of (position).

All ProgSoc members are eligible to nominate, second or be nominated.

Any member may be nominated for any/all of the available positions.

Any member may nominate/second any number of people (including
him/herself) for any number of positions.

Nominations that are seconded and accepted will be acknowledged by a
posting to the progsoc-announce list.

Roland Turner
President
Programmers' Society