[PROGSOC-ANNOUNCE] Password Check

In the interests of network security, the ProgSoc Admin is currently
running a check on passwords, attempting to find those that are easily
hackable.

If we can crack the passwords, anyone can.

For this reason, the accounts whose passwords are uncovered will be
locked. We encourage all users to check their own password, if it is a
common English word, or a minor adaption of one, it is almost certainly
insecure. Good passwords will include mixed case, and non alphabetic
characters. Easy to remember passwords that are still secure can often be
devised by taking a phrase, choosing the first letter in every word, then
mixing the case of the letters and swapping some letters for special
symbols.

Shaun Clowes
Computer Systems Officer
Programmers Society, UTS