Re: Computer Systems Committee

Francis Liu RDC (fxl@nospam.solomon.cv.COM)
Thu, 17 Mar 94 15:05:53 EST

> Once upon a time, James Wondrasek was heard to say:
>
> } Francis Liu RDC(?) was very out of touch when he wrote:
>
> Or is it because
> cv.COM (whomsoever they may be) have the same kind of link as
> MicroFlaccid (i.e. no direct connection in Oz)?

What a bloody brilliant deduction. You think _I_ don't want a .au site?

> There's no problem with having ProgSoc members from overseas, since we
> don't discriminate on basis of graduate/undergraduate/never-been-to-uni
> status (do we? If we do, then should we?). But try make a contribution.

Actually FYI I'm a UTS type person, as Mr Windried-Socks will testify (I hope).
A contribution? What would you like, a kilogramme of flesh? a fistful of
dandruff? Or just some not-quite-as-glamourous-as-the-Daily-Terror comment?

> That said, I agree with the initiative to gate the mailing list to a
> newsgroup. Do we then want to gate it back again? I for one have no
> easy means of accessing a news server on ftoomsh, and I'd like to
> be able to see relevant discussion regardless of how it arrives in the
> collective ProgSoc consciousness.

hmm, I think I'll ditto that.

"

frank