Re: Competition co-ordination

Peter Meric (pmeric@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU)
Tue, 22 Mar 1994 16:27:31 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Mar 1994, James Wondrasek wrote:

> An internal competition doesn't choose good programmers, it chooses the
> best programmers in the competition. That is why I suggested some
> structured training which anyone, even first years, would be able to
> attend.

Sounds good...

> The competition should be all in C, as that is how the Australian
> competition is run. C is easy. You can learn it in a few weeks, at most.

Absolutely.

> All these things can be taught in nice small chunks to a group who are
> already familiar with programming. Simple implementations of the data
> structures can also be taught.

Gee, sounds as if we'd actually learn something about programming, rather
than just learning the syntax and usage of languages

> Does that sound like a plan?

Yep

Peter

"The integrity of any computer system is only as good as the people who
administer the system"

Peter Meric - pmeric@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au or pmeric@nospam.itd.uts.edu.au