Re: Competition co-ordination

James Frank Torrent (jftorren@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU)
Tue, 22 Mar 1994 19:01:50 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Mar 1994, Colin Panisset wrote:

> You're implicitly claiming understanding; your arrogance (in previous
> articles) would appear to indicate a claim to guruhood.

But I never once said I could program :)
guru of what?
You seem to have blinkers on.
I havent tied myself down to believing that progsoc mail is the be all and
end all of the entire universe, this seems to be youre problem.

> Prove it, and people will be impressed. Enter the competition, blitz it,
> and perhaps (just perhaps) you'll stop getting treated like shit.

I never said I was treated like shit, I said people were treating first
years like shit.

I agree totally with you saying shut up and do it but youre telling
the wrong person, why dont you go to a first year lecture and
sell the comp politely and effectively.

My original bit of email disagreed with the notion that first years
would be no use in the contest, surely you cant say this untill they
have tried to proove themselves.

More importantly, what reason have the likes of you given first years
(not Anand who is also arrogant) to even bother entering ?

And as for the original subject Programming Competition

Jimmy and Pmeric were the only people not talking purely
for the sake of it and they should be congradulated.

I agree with James W completely.

James Torrent <jftorren@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU>
University of Technology, Sydney.
Knowledge is not a foundation for arrogance, Understanding is.