Re: Sub-committees and other thoughts

James Wondrasek (jimmy@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU)
Mon, 18 Apr 1994 13:02:29 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 18 Apr 1994, Dennis Clark wrote:

>[lots of intelligent stuff deleted. Suggested portfolios are ...]

> In the Equipment Committee:
> * System Administrator
> * System Auditor (responsible for security of the system... a
> nice fascist title which I'm sure would fit Mr. Gream
> perfectly :)
> * Games Administrator (in charge of the MUD, XTank tournaments
> etc.)
> * and before I forget, Sun Liaison Officer (no prizes awarded for
> guessing who that portfolio goes to :)
>
> In the Publications Committee:
> * TFM editor
> * Newsletter editor
> * Assistant editors, sub-editors, or whatever else they like to
> call themselves.
>
> This leaves the Programming Competition Co-ordinator portfolio, which

But what if more than one person wants to get involved with a particular
aspect? Voting? Appointment by executive committee? I would rather not be
drawn into picking who's going to be on my team when we can just hand it
to a bunch of interested people and say go for it. Of course, if there is
just one interested person...

Jimmy