Re: Ftoomsh Dial-Ins?

Anand Kumria (akumria@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU)
Tue, 26 Apr 1994 08:41:29 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Apr 1994, Matthew Young wrote:

> Putting aside the whole "can't get lines from uni PABX" discussion
> for one moment, the problem with individual users having their own modem
> (and line) attached is the lack of ports on the back of ftoomsh. An earlier
> caller mentioned that with the rack of 2400's attached, everything is pretty
> much full (ie. there are very few slots to begin with - which is usual for a
> machine of that type).

There are plenty of UNIX type serial port expansion units which
can increase the number of ports upto 32 per card, with 4 cards per
system. Although I'm not sure what the maximum speed per port is (I
believe it is 9600 but it could be 2400). I not quite sure of the
supplier's name, maybe somebody else can help out here.

Regards,

Anand.

/\ | akumria@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au *preferred*
/ \ | Anand.Kumria@nospam.f218.n711.z3.fidonet.org