Re: Ftoomsh Dial-Ins?

Anand Kumria (akumria@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU)
Wed, 27 Apr 1994 02:45:53 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Apr 1994 raz@nospam.number5.apana.org.au wrote:

> From: Anand Kumria <akumria@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU>
> >
> > There are plenty of UNIX type serial port expansion units which
> > can increase the number of ports upto 32 per card, with 4 cards per
> > system. Although I'm not sure what the maximum speed per port is (I
> > believe it is 9600 but it could be 2400). I not quite sure of the
> > supplier's name, maybe somebody else can help out here.
>
> At a guess, you are probably talking about cards for UNIX on
> a PC! Ftoomsh is not anything even remotely resembling an ISA
> based PC... with luck our Sun Microsystems rep can help here. :-)

No I didn't mean ISA based PCs, I meant there is hardware which connects
only to UNIX (i wasn't specific, because I don't know the architecture)
and provides from 0 - 32 ports. If fact, you may remember it the tag line
was "From 0 to 32 in 9.6 seconds". But the product name escapes me, I
think i saw it on the back of an issue of APC awhile (like 1-2 years) ago.

Regrads,
Anand.

/\ | akumria@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au
/ \ | Anand.Kumria@nospam.f218.n711.z3.fidonet.org