Re: Sys Admins Wanted

Chris Keane - Snr ENS Sys Admin (Chris.Keane@nospam.aus.sun.com)
Fri, 6 May 1994 12:31:31 --1000

> On Fri, 6 May 1994, Chris Keane - Snr ENS Sys Admin wrote:
>
> > I haven't been following this thread, but "Peter's concern" is a load
> > of crap. The C2 package doesn't keep passwds non-encrypted - it moves
> > the encrypted passwords into a shadow file. Therefore, only root
> > can see the ENCRYPTED passwords (to protect against unauthorised crack
> > runs, etc).
> >
> > Christofu.

Okay, there's been a deluge of people telling me how to break C2
security when it's installed out of the box. You can stop now.

I unfortunately made the (obviously incorrect) assumption that
everyone who even THOUGHT the words "C2" also thought
"100564-07 C2 Jumbo patch". If you didn't, you are a CERTified
imbecile and deserve to have your system destroyed.

Naturally, I don't speak for Sun when I say that.

Christofu.