Re: menu shell?

raz@nospam.number5.apana.org.au
Fri, 30 Sep 1994 07:56:16 +1000

> I beg to differ Piers, but as a humble student I find that both nn and tin
> serve different purposes well. nn is good for downloading files and
> skipping between newsgroups, but tin is much superior when doing a global
> search for a particular topic. Also, commands in tin seem to be far more
> intuitive than those in nn. Obscure Z to read an article and others make
> nn rather unfriendly.
>
> Just a thought

Ahh - the crux of the problem - RTFM.

<spacebar> also works rather well - this is hardly obscure.

Yes, nn offers many entertaining ways to interact with a news spool - you
don't actually need to know all of them (I know only a limited subset and
am able to happily manoevour (sp?) my way through our (~8000 group) newsfeed).
Yes, if you read the manual in reverse you'll end up with a group of really
odd commands. A simpler approach is to start at the beginning and stop when
you have learnt enough to read and post news. Read further if you get
the urge.

- Raz.