Re: forwarding mail

Stephen Boyd Gowing (sbg@nospam.fox-in.socs.uts.EDU.AU)
Fri, 4 Nov 1994 15:02:57 +1100

On Fri, 4 Nov 1994, Jon Alan Guyer wrote:

> I don't suppose anyone knows how to forward mail from one internet email
> account to another automatically using? (Yes i'm one of these poor btechs
> on industrial semester). Not that I particularly appreciate receiving ~60
> messages a day from progsoc (especially if i log in weekly).

One for the FAQ (or the online version of TFM?).. create a file in your
home directory or the account you want mail forwarding FROM called
~/.forward, it should contain the e-mail address of the account you want
mail forwarded TOO.

More information about mail forwarding and (for some strange reason)
system level mail aliases, consult the online manual.

man forward

sbg