Re: compiling NOV nn on Linux

Anton Blanchard (anton@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au)
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 18:23:40 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 24 Mar 1995, root may have wrote:

> I'm trying to compile NOV nn on Linux, and I'm getting the error below,
> any suggestions? I don't understand C well enough to work this out.
>
> # make client
> make -f ymakefile client
> make[1]: Entering directory `/root/nn/nn-6.5.0.b3'
> gcc -Iconf -O6 -O2 -c nn.c -o nn.o
> In file included from config.h:499,
> from nn.c:7:
> global.h:96: macro `atoi' used without args
> global.h:97: macro `atol' used without args
> make[1]: *** [nn.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/nn/nn-6.5.0.b3'
> make: *** [client] Error 2

I had this problem as well. The compiler is choking on:
int atoi();
long atol();

I expect this would be because linux implements atoi/atol as #defines.
I fixed it by commenting the lines out - they aren't necessary. (This
was a long time ago so I could be wrong :)

seeya
Anton

--
Anton Blanchard                      anton@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au