Re: Urk! Windows & Mouse Problem!

James Wondrasek (jimmy@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au)
Wed, 12 Apr 1995 10:16:15 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Apr 1995, Alex Portnoy wrote:

> Hello, James.

> Try, if it's possible setting this DOS driver to recognize the mouse as a
> "Mouse Systems Mouse". You may have to flick a physical switch on the
> mouse as well.

No can do. No switches - software or hardware.

> In Windows, you can set up a Mouse Systems Mouse to be on either Com port
> 1 or Com Port 2.

Urk. It's a bus mouse. Plugged into the graphics card. I tried, I tried...

> This may solve your problem.

Nope. But thanks for trying. Nobody else did. I guess progsoc are just a
bunch of lamers who get frightened by real world problems. I think I'll
go ask someone on compuserve.*

Jimmy

* flamebait? Fine. Just don't send me anything saying "windoze sux", I
KNOW that already.