Re: Cretinous decision to castrate ftoomsh (fwd)

Ian Woolf (ian@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au)
Thu, 18 May 1995 08:11:58 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 18 May 1995, Jas wrote:

> Iain Sinclair wrote this...
> > fundamental services can stay operative? What kind of scenario is it
> > where the users run around administering the machine, while the
> > admins spend their day composing emails to justify their acceptance
> > of the unacceptable?
>
> > Fix it.
>
> easier said than done. i would suspect you dont know the full
> situation, i think you might be suprised at the extent of the
> situation. there are some very big players in this arena right now.
>
> P.S. and no, i wont reveal what i know. people over here are playing
> their hands close to their chests, so im following suit.

Hey, why keep the secret, while telling others to act in ignorance?
Either tell us what you about "the full situation" or shut up. Smugly
telling people that you know whats ROOLY going on, so they're not
qualified to have an opinion, is not only stupid and condescending, its
counter to the whole intention of progsoc, its aims and goals. We have a
right to know whats going on, and if you don't have the conjones to tell
what little you think you know instead of enjoying "a secret", then go away.

http://ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au/~ian/ Ian Woolf
ian@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au 4/267 Mowbray Rd
iwoolf@nospam.sleeper.apana.org.au Chatswood 2067, Australia
The nicer guy it couldn't happen to. Phone: +61 2 415 1132