Re: Writing TSR's for PC's (DOS)

Jon Guyer (jaguyer@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au)
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 11:41:57 +1000 (EST)

On Sun, 2 Jul 1995, Joshua Graham Pitcher wrote:

> I would like to learn about writing TSR's in the holidays. If anyine can
> point me in the right direction (ie books, examples, etc) I would very much
> appreciate it.
>
> Oh yeah, I'll be using C and C++. If anyone can send me some examples, that
> would be really great.

You'll want to read up on dos interrupts (great stuff found on MS
Developer CD, some C TSR source code on the simtel dos archives) since
dos TSR's work of a couple of system calls (get and set interrupt vector
are int 21 calls).
If I was suitably motivated I might provide the relevent chapter (TSR
programming) from the MS dev CD :).

Jon Guyer